Its been a wonderful weekend!!!
I was able to go to "GIVE KIDS A SMILE" yesterday - my sister-in-law, Libby, organized the event & it was incredible. I loved watching the service given by the dentists & all the families that were able to receive free dental care. It was incredibly touching to see how much service was given. It reminded me of the importance of finding ways to give service - - Nate & I are super excited to get involved with BOLDER OPTIONS when I move home - a mentoring program for troubled children - - but until then, I need to spend more time finding ways to give service.
Some other highlights from this weekend:
I came home from the event yesterday to find a beautiful bouquet of bright red tulips & light pink peonies (my FAVORITE!!) from Nate - I was shocked - I still dont know how he ordered peonies in the middle of winter...but it was super sweet. I love them.
I also downloaded lots of really great music (some oldies & some new tunes): Coldplay (with Jay-Z - their Grammy performance): Lost, Glen Hansard: If You Want Me, Judy Garland: Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Andrea Bocelli: The Prayer, Sia: Breathe Me, M.I.A: Paper Planes...
I beat Nate twice in Scrabble (beat him by 148 the first game, and by 2 the second game)...
It's been a great day...I love Sundays. I've been listening to "The Prayer" on repeat today - - (and Nate & I have made a goal to learn Italian next year!!!!!)
I'll practice by singing "The Prayer"....in the shower...and the car (of course)
I pray you'll be our eyes, and watch us where we go.
And help us to be wise in times when we don't know
Let this be our prayer, when we lose our way
Lead us to the place, guide us with your grace
To a place where we'll be safe
La luce che tu hai
[I pray we'll find your light]
Nel cuore restera
[And hold it in our hearts.]
A ricordarci che
[When stars go out each night.]
Eterna stella sei
Nella mia preghiera
[Let this be our prayer]
Quanta fede c'e
[When shadows fill our day]
Lead us to a place, guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe
Sogniamo un mondo senza piu violenza
Un mondo di guistizia e di speranza
Ognuno lo dia la mano al suo vicino
Simbolo di pace, di fraternita
La forza che ci da
[We ask that life be kind]
E ll desiderio che
[And watch us from above]
Onuno trovi amor
[We hope each soul will find]
Intorno e dentro se
[Another soul to love]
Let this be our prayer [Let this be our prayer]
Just like every child
Need to find a place, guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe
E la fede che
Hai acceso in noi,
Sento che ci salvera
Hope you each had a wonderful Valentine's Day...sorry my Valentines will be late...Love you all (lots & lots).
Love, L
6 comments:
Did you get anything else for V Day?
I know you are still a fiance in training, so I am sure you're still looking for advice. Here you go: it's never a good idea to pummel your mate in anything...including Scrabble. So, back off. Now Nate, please stay awake next time!! Dad M
we are a very competitive couple...and he doesnt know how to spell, so i have a slight advantage...
nate, thank you for the Fray CD!!!!!!!!!!!!! i almost forgot...and the chocolates...and the pink lipgloss...xoxo.
I love the "prayer" and play in on repeat all of the time, as well as sing it in the shower!!!! You are adorable.
I love Andrea Boceli! It's amazing how talented he is, especially considering that he's blind.
I love his music - and his story is incredible -
Heather, I was just reading his biography on his website & thought of you:
"It is the whole of existence which is called into play in Antoine de Saint-Exupery’s brilliant maxim (from Le petit prince) which reminds us that “you can only see with your heart. The essential is invisible to the eye”. Bocelli, curious, passionately active and tenaciously positive about life, is deeply familiar with the secret of this literary reflection… a sentence which is unnerving in its dazzling and linear truth."
I'll have to read Le Petit Prince - - in English, of course.
Post a Comment