Nate & I are buying bikes when we get married!!! I love summertime & fall in Minnesota...and we think it'd be super fun to develop a new hobby...biking! I see myself as a Sunday-afternoon biker...cruising with my hubby around the lakes in Minneapolis...packing a lunch, watching the sunset over the lake & cruising home...so, this is the bike I've picked for myself. (I tried to talk Nate into a cruiser as well...not happening!) He will get a more manly bike, I'm sure...I'm very excited! I love the summertime, the sunshine & being outside. I think this will be a wonderful activity as newly-weds!
4 comments:
i like it! that sounds like a great idea. you going to get that one, or just that style?
good job with the blog. looks nice.
1. You shouldn't get a bike with that kind of styling and geometry until you're getting ready to get checked into a nursing home - you are still so young!
2. Look into a hybrid - same rear cassette as a road bike and with a lot of the geometry/wheelset and so forth to let you ride faster...but still very comfortable. You can still cruise around the lake, but you can actually go on a real ride with it and get a good workout.
3. Refer to #1. Love you!
1. A front basket is mandatory.
2. Don't forget the ringer/horn.
3. You'll get a workout with those fat tires!.
4. I will race you after you've broken it in. (Practice your aero position--I can be fast).
Should be fun. Biking is great, as you can get around and see things that you normally don't see...and get some fresh air and exercise at the same time.
Love, Dad (p.s. Nate, good call on the non-cruiser).
I have a Trek Bike and I LOVE it. I got one for Diana too. We both have the Navigator 2.0 which is kind of part mountain bike part cruiser. The hybrid tires have a simple tread on the for the road surface, but the sides are knobby for a little "mountain" time. I wholeheartedly recommend them.
Post a Comment