11.11.2009

it's a girl! it's a girl!






Nate and I are thrilled to be having a little baby girl! We found out a couple weeks ago, and we couldn’t be more delighted!

Here are a couple photos from when we found out – we didn’t get many – but I’m happy we have a couple. It was such a great day! Such a great memory & so exciting to know we’re having a baby girl!

I’ve never been more nervous in my life – I was so anxious to know!! Nate was so calm and composed– I was a bit of a wreck. I asked him in the waiting room if he was nervous at all, and he replied confidently, ‘No. I know we’re having a girl!’ – sure enough, he was right!

I will forever remember how completely excited I was when we found out! It was such an amazing moment!! We can’t wait for the little girl to arrive in March.

Funny story: I thought it’d be cute to buy some pink & blue balloons the night before – (and an “it’s a boy” sign and an “it’s a girl” sign) – so we could get some cute pictures celebrating after the appointment.

So…we were leaving the party store – Nate had the pink balloons in his hand and I had the blue bunch in my hand – he put his in the backseat of the car (no problem!), and somehow I let go of mine!!!!!!! There they went….floating away into the dark sky!!!

Me: ‘Oh NO!!! Nate!!!! I let go of the balloons’
Nate (laughing): ‘Maybe it’s a sign…’

So funny! We went back in & got new blue balloons…but didn’t need them after all! I like the photo of our blue balloons floating away into the sky after we knew we were expecting a girl. So funny! Guess we didn’t need those silly things after all.

5 comments:

Chad, Melanie and Layla said...

what a cute idea! I'm so excited for you guys!!

Unknown said...

Love the balloon story, that's hilarious. It really was a sign! I'm so excited for you guys, a girl will be soo much fun!Our lil' guy can be her boyfriend someday:)

Sarah said...

Finding out what you are having is such an awesome moment. So excited that you guys know and for your little girl.

Peter or Cindy said...

Girls are great! Blue baloons...no need for those! Dad

Libby said...

I love this account of how you found out! We are so excited for a beautiful, pink little girl to join the family!