4.01.2010

loving life

I had no idea how exciting and rewarding parenthood would be. Ive said it many times since Adelie was born: I had no idea my capacity to love could be so great. I just adore her. I love everything about her. She's such a sweet baby, and I feel so blessed to be her mom. The two of us have been loving the sunshine the past couple of days. We go for a walk everyday. It's so refreshing, and I love our time together. While on our walk today, I heard a funny sucking noise and when I looked down at Adelie, I saw her SUCKING HER THUMB!!!! Silly girl! She's 2 1/2 weeks and sucking her thumb already! I was laughing so hard. I captured a few funny pictures on my iphone (not the best quality...or the best pictures...but you can see how funny this moment was!).

Also, we took some silly photos with a couple stuffed animals today. The cute bunny is mine (was a gift from Nate in my Easter basket a few years ago...it's my favorite stuffed animal) - and the crazy looking monkey is Nate's stuffed animal from when he was little. It's a little shaggy but Adelie didn't seem to mind.

I'm excited to make her Easter basket this weekend. I love being a mom.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She is SO adorable!! I can't figure out who she looks like. What do other people say, or what do you think? Send your sunshine our way, it snowed today?? I'm ready to take Owen out and play!!

Libby said...

I lOVE these pictures, she is sucking her thumb! ha!!!

Mark and Libby Miller said...

picture number 4 is my favorite...

NC said...

These are the best pictures yet!!! All of the fun things I miss when Im not home. Why dont the husbands get a leave from work as well?
PS The "Shaggy" Monkey was my first stuffed animal and is older than Leanna, Now it is Adelie's to destroy, but I hope she terrorizes the rabbit first!!