6.16.2010

memorial weekend with the cartwrights!












This post is long overdue. We had such a wonderful time with Nate's parents over Memorial weekend.  It was their first time meeting little Adelie. I thought it was so sweet to watch them with her. We had a fun filled weekend with them....delicious dinner at Redstone, Adelie's first Twins baseball game (so so so fun!!!!!), Adelie's first movie (How to Train Your Dragon...a must see! I loved it!!!), bocce ball, putt-putt at the sculpture garden/putt-putt place, icecream cones by Lake Minnetonka (a treat from the putt-putt losers...thanks, Jim!), and lots of good conversation & laughter.


My favorite part of the weekend was the Twins game. Adelie's first baseball game couldn't have been any cooler...perfect sunny day at the new ballpark, great seats, Joe Mauer's autograph...and a spot on the jumbotron!! I really hope Adelie is a sports fan, because Nate & I both LOVE sports so much! She sure loves watching sports on tv - maybe she just likes the colors and lights, but she seems to be a sports fan at heart already. She was so cute at the Twins game. She wore a little Twins onesie that I made for her..and she was loving all the action! She spent most of the game just looking around at all the people & out at the field. It was really adorable. We were lucky to get some amazing tickets to the game & had perfect seats (9 rows up, right behind home plate!!!!). The view was incredible! And....Joe Mauer signed Adelie's sock before the game!!!! Obviously we would have had him sign something else if we had thought ahead...but, it was pretty funny having him sign her sock! During the 7th or 8th inning, our little cutie pie made her debut at Target Field on the high-definition jumbotron!!!! Nate was holding Adelie & they zoomed in on them for awhile...and the crowd went wild!!!!! Lots of cheers for my two sweethearts! It was so great! So fun. Best baseball game. Ever. So much fun!!!!

We really had a fantastic weekend with Nate's parents. We are both so lucky to have great parents. I consider it such a blessing to be surrounded by such strong family members. Nate and I both have awesome siblings who are such special friends to us. I am especially grateful to have wonderful parents. Being a parent myself now, I realize how amazing motherhood is, and also how much work it is to be a good parent. I am so grateful for my wonderful parents and also to be blessed with such amazing in laws. I love getting to know them better and spending time with them. They are so much fun to be with and both are such kind people. Can't wait to see them again in Ohio in July.


We love you, Jim & Alice. Thank you for making the trip up here & for the wonderful weekend!



3 comments:

Emily said...

I looove the pictures! These posts are long overdue! :) I am so glad to be updated!

You look awesome, by the way! You wouldn't even guess that you just had a baby 3 months ago...today!

Adelie is adorable! Can't wait to see you guys in August!

Heather said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere!!! It's so great seeing you up and running again. I had begun to lose hope that I was going to see evidence of that twins game. I can't believe what amazing seats you guys had.

Keep taking tons of photos of Adelie! I love looking at them. You guys look great. Seriously, such a photogenic family.

Peter or Cindy said...

Was great to see Jim and Alice. Next time we'll have to get Jim out in a kayak! Nate will be the fishing guide by then, so that can also be part of the equation. Jumbotron and Joe Mauer's autograph in one day? That's a pretty good day! (p.s., the only part of Twins baseball that I find intriguing is watching Joe Mauer at the plate--the rest of the game can be enjoyable--but watching him bat is simply intriguing...the guy is good!)