happy happy happy birthday to my adorable husband!!
Nate turned 32 on Sunday & we spent a long weekend up north at the cottage on Pelican Lake. The weekend was perfect!! We loved spending time in the sunshine and it was so great being up at the lake. We saw some beautiful sunrises & cool sunsets (full moon over the weekend, reflecting over the water...so pretty!). We grilled out on our little smoky joe each night (I am SO grateful to be married to such a great cook! we had some DELICIOUS meals!). We had a bonfire each night (loved cuddling up with Nate by the cozy fire!). We went out on the paddle-boat! So fun. Nate golfed 3 times while we were up there (Adelie and I golfed with him once!). He's such a good little golfer. I love watching him!! I decorated for his birthday with these fun tissue pompoms - super cute! Adelie loved them!
My favorite part of his birthday celebration was breakfast on Sunday morning. I bought a really cool new pan for the birthday celebration at Williams-Sonoma which I plan on using as often as possible...it's an Ebelskiver pan - so sweet!!!!!! Any guests visiting MN anytime soon will be spoiled by me with some Ebelskivers!!! It's my new favorite breakfast dish. Actually, I've never been a huge breakfast fan...but these Ebelskivers are delish! So so so yummy! We bought a Ebelskiver cookbook as well - so I'll have to test out some new recipes! They were really fun to make & even more fun to eat, sitting on the deck by the lake with the sweet birthday boy!
Nate's testing out a new hobby: fishing. He has been unsuccessful up until this birthday weekend (when I say 'unsuccessful', I mean...he has cast his fishing pole at least 50+ times and has NOT caught anything!!). He finally caught a couple fish up at the lake (most of which were about 3 1/2 inches long! ha!). The pictures of him fishing crack me up! Such a silly guy.
It so fun celebrating Nate's bday. I sure love that boy!!!
3 comments:
It's late but I just have to comment - Adelie is the cutest! I can't believe you've been holding out on us with these cute photos. I can't get over how blonde she is.
Ebe-what? Why can't we just eat American food? Actually, you made them Sunday and they're very good! Nate looks like he's getting pretty good at the fishing--able to target the cutest (smallest) fish in the lake! Happy birthday, Nate.
Hahahaha!! I told you how to say it..."able-skeeeever" :) Im making them again this week...forMark and Libby....and you too! I bought the yummy mix, so they should be even better this time!! So excited,
Post a Comment