We had a wonderful time celebrating Adelie's first birthday yesterday. I still can't believe that she's already a year old. This year has been the most amazing year of my life, with the most special moments. I am so in love with this little girl, and I'm so grateful for all the joy she brings to my life every day. She makes me so happy & I am so lucky to be her mom.
Nate, Adelie and I had a great time celebrating. Nate & I both took the day off of working and spoiled our little lady. We spent most of the day at the zoo...which she loved! She loved all the animals (especially the seals!) & was loving life in the stroller (see 2nd to last photo for proof! ha!). We made the zoo trip very memorable by firing up the lioness & cougars...OH MY GOSH!!! I guess balloons aren't allowed at the zoo (who knew?!!!). We actually had them taken away from us when we were walking through the gardens/conservatory area (by then the balloons were no risk at all...which is hilarious to me...but rules are rules I guess). Anyway, back to the story...so, we were visiting the lioness & the zookeeper warned us that bright colors (and the balloons) would make the lioness a little aggressive (as in...she would pounce onto the glass at us....). Thank you, Mr. Zookeeper for the warning...that may have put me into preterm labor to have a huge (very fierce looking!) lioness attack the glass....It just doesn't seem like that glass could hold back all that power!! Anyway, no attacks by her...thank goodness! BUT....THEN...we visited the cougars (which were outside). The cougars were FIERCE!!!!! They were ready to POUNCE the balloons....seriously, pacing back & forth...climbing to the top of the rock formations & staring us down....ready to ATTACK!!!! I was very frightened. Again, it doesn't seem super safe to be separated from this huge, aggressive, frightening animal by a thin fence....I sure am glad the fence rose 50+ feet in the air...but those cougars were ready to find a way out....they continued to stare us down even when we were far, far away. Look closely at the pics & you'll see those scary cats! YIKES! Anyway, point of the story....as fun as it was to stroll the birthday girl around with her darling balloons, there are NO BALLOONS allowed at the zoo....for a good reason!!! After the zoo adventure, we made a quick trip to The Salty Tart (a fantastic bakery that we just discovered....YUM!!) and we stocked up on cupcakes (and maybe a couple other treats for the rest of the week....we just couldn't resist!). We had a great dinner at our favorite restaurant, Yum! And then we finished the day off with presents....and a CUPCAKE!
A wonderful day...for an absolutely amazing little girl. I love my little Adelie more than I will ever be able to express! Happy birthday, little A!
2 comments:
Lelers!! Those cats seriously look like they are about to pounce! They are crouched down into position. Those pictures were awesome, I can't believe you got that camera. Scary, I'm sure Adelie looked like quite appetizing to them too, heaven forbid.
I love all the balloons attached to her stroller, so colorful! Her hat looked so cute on her, and that cupcake is scrumptious. Those pictures of her eating it were super cute.
*This is HB btw. Don't know why it says Ryan, whoops!
That zoo looks pretty nice - what a fun birthday!
Post a Comment