There's not much that makes me feel more alive than a good run. I've been so excited to get running again. Yesterday I decided it had been long enough since I had laced up my running shoes. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I had Kennedi and my body has felt great so I figured I'd give it a shot. I only ran about 2 miles, but it felt fantastic. Tonight, I ran the same run...and I felt just as good! There's something so wonderful about a good run. It's especially fun when I can take one of my best pals along for the ride. She loves it, and it makes me so happy to see her smiling along the way. She loves the fresh air, and it makes her laugh to see me huffing & puffing along!
We live in a very small town. There's not much here...at all. But, we love our home, and we love the life we have here. We are so happy. One of my favorite parts of living here is that we live a half block away from a fantastic, brand new, paved trail. The trail extends 25 miles...all the way along Lake Minnetonka into Wayzata. I can't wait till we get our bike trailer and can take the girlies biking into Wayzata (ok...a little ambitious for me...but we'll make it there someday!). For now, it's been great getting out running on the trail. It's so peaceful and beautiful. We're lucky to have it so close. It's so nice to hop on a nicely paved trail. I really am loving these summer night runs. So great. Can't wait to do another race in the future. I'm not a fast runner, or even a good runner...but I love it...love it. love it. love it.
6 comments:
adelie looks thrilled to be going on a run!
Her little smile is so cute! I loved this post. The green trees and grass are so beautiful. Way to go!
There is something about small towns that make you appreciate the simple things in life. I have no doubt you two will make it to Wayzata... but wow, that is ambitious! My goodness, Adelie's sweet little face could not look happier, well done!
Glad you're able to get out and get in a little bit of exercise. All of these pictures are so fun to see! Love Dad
You're a great runner Lelers! I hope someday I'll be able to have your kind of endurance running- you are a machine!
Love those photos of Adelie. She is so cute, I am amazed that you're already out there after 2.5 weeks. So impressive!! I hear women talking at the park sometimes after having a baby a year later and they still are saying things like, "My body just isn't quite ready yet." Amazing!
That trail sounds awesome, I can't wait to come see your place and walk around some of Excelsior in August.
"Just" 2 miles?! You were 2.5 weeks out from a baby. Girlllll! You are amazing. So proud of you!
Post a Comment