I crossed the finish line! Yay!!! It's been a long time since I have done that. The last 'big' race I participated in was the TwinCities Marahon - (in which I ducked out at mile 14!!). Before that, the last marathon I ran was Big Sur in California (which was AMAZING but so tough!!!). So, after having 2 babies back-to-back (and being pregnant forever!!!), I knew it was time to lace up those running shoes. I admit, my training lacked - but I was happy with the amount of running I was able to squeeze in, while still putting Adelie, Kennedi & Nate first. I've really grown to love my evening runs. It's such a nice luxury for me to be able to have some 'me-time' - peace of mind, a good workout, good music...I especially loved my 8-mile training run (awesome run!) but I definitely should have tacked on some more of those (longer) training runs....Miles 1-10 of the race were good - I ran strong, felt good! Miles 11-15.5 were tough!!! There's no kidding around about it. I was struggling. Sadly, I missed seeing Nate & the girls (our timing was off...well, to be clear...he got to our 'spot' at a time where he thought I would have already passed - and I hadn't...so he went to the finish line instead). I could not have been happier to see them right before the finish line. My smile was HUGE! I was so happy to see my 3 loves. The race was hot, but such a good experience. I really love running. It makes me feel so alive.
Some friends of ours lost their baby last week. She was 9 months pregnant with a little girl and lost her (she was due the first week of october). It's been an emotional week for me, thinking about the pain they are experiencing and knowing how devastated they are. I can't imagine anything sadder. It's really helped me reflect on the amount of gratitude I show for my own family. I could not feel more blessed to be a mom. I love my two girls more than anything in this life. They are everything to me. Having children and being a mom to these two little ones is the greatest blessing I've ever been given.
I ran the race with 4 strings tied around my right wrist: a bright blue one for my best friend (he is the love of my life & I am so grateful for him), a red one for Adelie, a yellow one for Kennedi, and a pink string to remind me of our friends & their loss (reminding me to be grateful for this beautiful life we are blessed with). Life truly is beautiful. I love my life. I love the joy I experience each day. I love the simplicities of life - and how easy it is to feel happy. I am so grateful for my family. This race was a wonderful experience for me - and really helped me to appreciate my blessings.
6 comments:
Congrats on your race! I hardly every comment, but I still follow your blog and your girls and your family are adorable.
So proud of you, lady! Way to go! That is a long race but you did it! The strings were a thoughtful idea. Sorry we got cut off the other day when we were chatting about that.
Grandmas Marathon here we come!!
I think I see a 4:30 in your future!
I like the thoughtful post! Congrats on the race. That's a long way to run in one day! I know the route is beautiful, so hopefully that helped as your legs were screaming! Congrats! Dad
Way to go Lelers! That is such a long distance, man I am dead beat after six miles I can't imagine 15!! Great photos with the girls, and the shot of the whole fam is awesome. I am so sorry to hear about your friend! That is so tragic, the fact that she still had to have the baby - heart wrenching! I can't imagine, you are so lucky to have two such amazingly healthy, happy girls! Way to go on your race.
Way to go Leanna - amazing race and a tender reminder of our blessings. We love and miss you guys - lets skype soon!
Post a Comment