12.16.2011

les miserables

I am still gushing over this performance!!!! Nate & I were so lucky to see Les Miserables last night at the Orpheum in downtown Minneapolis. It was the first (yes, the first!!) date we've had since before we had Adelie - so it was extra special! It was so wonderful to have a night out together....and a perfect date it was! It was an amazing show, delish dinner, and I had the most handsome date!! 

I have to admit, I felt a little out-of-place at dinner (I'm so used to the playdough-stickers-toys-toys-toys-little-kids-world!). It's been a while since I've been in an adult-only-setting! Dinner was delish! So nice to have alone time with my sweet husband! We ate downtown at D'amico Kitchen - a wonderful meal! My personal favorites: the belgian endive, peach, ricotta cheese, prosciutto, and white balsamico mixed greens salad....yum!!! The pork tenderloin was fantastic and of course we adored the chocolate souffle (with black pepper cocoa gelato...which was very interesting!).
We then walked across the street to the Orpheum....and watched THE most AMAZING performance of Les Miserables! I loved loved loved loved it. I can't stop thinking about all the incredible music! The lead actors (well, the entire cast, really) were out-of-this-world talented. Nate & I were so impressed. I will remember this performance forever. So touching. It was crazy hearing everyone weeping at the end. So beautiful. Such an incredibly beautiful experience. Thank you, mom & dad SO SO much!!!!!!!! We had an amazing evening!!!! Best date! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad you got to do this! I still remember when I went in high school to see that show. I can't believe you haven't gone out since you had Adelie! That is crazy, girl! I heard your phone call, but I was in bed, so I just figured I would talk to you today!

Jenny said...

You two are adorable together (and what a good looking pair you make!)! I love your dress. I'm so glad you had a blast. Your meal sounds delicious! I've never seen this show, I'll have to add it to my bucket list!

Peter and Cindy said...

Glad you enjoyed the show. As you know, we saw it earlier in the month and found it amazing. I cried. Haven't done that in a long time, but I am glad they could pull those emotions out of me! Great music. Great story.