2.21.2012

who needs sleep?

The girls love their bedtime routine...a little too much! The girls love the routine (snuggling, reading stories...), but they need a little work on the 'falling asleep' part! We're making trips to the library once a week now to stock up on new books (10 new books a week! yay!). It's so fun to have new stories to read...but it makes our bedtime routine a little longer. Adelie insists on reading all the books (and a few others from her book rack, of course!). These pictures crack me up. I think I took these at about 10:45 pm...Nate was at basketball and I was attempting to get the girls to bed. Adelie just wanted to be a wild child - and Kennedi just wanted to snuggle. Silly girls.

6 comments:

EMILY said...

way to use the library. you would be surprised how many parents think there kids can't listen to/understand books until they are older. That's so fun and looks so cozy.

Heather said...

We love the library too, although I can't say I use it enough. Ryan sure does. Those girls are precious! We have similar bedtime routine issues, but it is all part of the fun!

Jenny said...

They look fired up and ready to go at 10:45! I'm sure they'll always remember that bedtime routine,so fun!

Peter and Cindy said...

Adelie looks like she is perfectly content--hanging out in bed...waiting for the meal--make that "books" to arrive. Great post! Love, Dad

Libby said...

Haha, those leeetle stinkers! There is just too much fun going on at the Cartwright house. They want to stay up and play and paint and bake and read with mom all night long!!! I miss those sweet little faces! I am enjoying my precious sleep (alot of it) while I can :)

Ryan said...

Wow, Kennedi is really growing - especially love the last photo!