3.25.2009

home, sweet, sweet home!!!


It was a wonderful weekend! I was able to go home to Minnesota for 4 1/2 days & they were so much fun!! I was exhausted by the end of the weekend, because they were packed full...but I had a really great time. It was so nice to spend time with my future-husband & my parents & our family. Nate and I spent the first night in Uptown...did a little shopping (SO much fun!!) & ate dinner at a really great Thai restaurant that we LOVE (I got my favorite spicy noodles!) !! On Thursday, I spent the day with my mom & had some great "girl-time" together. Thursday night, Nate & I ate at one of my favorite, favorite, favorite restaurants...It was super yummy!!! He spoiled me....Its the best meal I've had in a really long time. We also went to the Haberdashery (the tux shop) and picked out the tuxes for the wedding....wooo hoooo!!! The tuxedo man was driving Nate a little crazy...but I think we picked out some really good looking tuxes. I went for a really great run on Friday morning...it was nice to be running in MN again. I loved it. We were able to spend some fun time with Papa on Friday afternoon...full of laughter :) On Friday night, we went out to dinner with mom & dad...and then watched some good basketball (GO BUCKY...well, GO BUCKY on Friday night at least! Oh, and the BUCKEYES lost that night...in case you missed it!!) I made a homemade chocolate cake (from scratch) for papa...a first for me. Saturday morning we went to the Pancake House (MMMMMM) with the Wards & mom & dad (I had the "dutch baby"...SO good!!) The rest of Saturday was spent celebrating Papa's 86th birthday with my cousins & their families. It was a really great time!! I loved spending time with the family (especially the little kids...oh yeah, we were jumping on the bed with them...super funny!) & Nate was really happy to meet my cousins. Their kids were SO adorable & we loved spending time with them. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was taking Grace & Cannon on a walk with my mom....we had such a nice time. So glad they were able to make it up. I think Papa really enjoyed himself. He gave a lil birthday speech at the end of the night that was very sweet. I think it was one of his favorite birthdays. It made me very, very happy that we were able to make him feel special!! I gave Papa a framed picture of my Grandma for his birthday. Its a beautiful picture of her when she's young (maybe 25-30). He loved it. It made him sad...but it meant a lot to him. It was nice for me to see how much he still loves her & misses her. It was a very meaningful moment for me. It was a great trip home. We had a wonderful time together. Only 6 more weeks till I move home!!!!!!! I'm a happy girl. I'm very in love with Nate & cant wait to spend all my time with him. I miss my parents & Nate a LOT, but 6 weeks will pass by really quickly.

Oh and....WE'RE GOING TO THE FRAY CONCERT IN JULY!!!!!!!!! NATE SURPRISED ME WITH TICKETS!!!!! I'M SUPER EXCITED.

Oh and...I bought a new wedding dress...its a silly story...but most of you already know it. I'm a crazy girl sometimes.

6 comments:

Peter and Cindy said...

COME HOME LITTLE GIRL!!! Can't wait 'til you're here for good~! It was a great weekend... lots of great family time, good food, fun! Really happy we got to see Dave and Rachel, Paul and Brittany. Oh, and how about those kids... pretty cute, huh? Nothing beats having little people in the house. Nothing! No more wedding dresses, Leanna! One's all you need, sweetie! :) MOM

Libby said...

oh my goodness what a trip! I'm so jealous, I wish we could have been there. It sounded like tons of fun! haha, and poppa looks great in the birthday hat!

Unknown said...

I love this post! My eyes are a little teary after reading about your cute Grandpa..it makes me miss mine! I love that you gave him a picture of your grandma, that is such a great idea and such a special gift. I think I'll do it for my grandma. I'm glad you had such an incredible week with the fam and Nate, and love hearing how he spoils you:) I bet you are excited to move home! And lastly, I absolutely love your new dress. You will be a beautiful bride! (I think I used the word love one too many times, haha)

Leanna said...

kristy,

you are so sweet!! thanks for the nice comment :) it's going to be sad for me to leave here...with such sweet friends like you!!

NC said...

I love my fiancee!!! We had such a great weekend together. Life's so much better with her around!! I loved meeting more of the family and celebrating Papa D's B-day. Our dinner that night was incredible...especially Leannas twice baked potatoes!!! Next time I see my girl she will be home for good!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Leanna it was great to see you for the few minutes that we got. Call me when you have a moment and we can talk. Can't wait to see the new dress :) See you in 6 weeks!!!!

Love Casey

PS loved the post, love all your posts