






We're home from Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that city! We had a great trip to Chicago last weekend...spent some time with Nate's friends, went to a Cubs game, went to the Chicago Institute of Art museum, wallked around Millenium Park, ate at a really funny Italian restaurant....had the BEST breakfast I've ever had on Nate's birthday morning....(soooo delicious!!!!), visited Wheaton (where Nate grew up), and swung through Janesville on the way home....it was a great trip!!! I only wish it would've lasted longer.The Cubs game was my favorite - we had really sweet seats - best seats I've ever had at a baseball game. We were 6 rows back, right behind the visitor's dugout - - right on the first-base-line. They were awesome seats & a great game! The Cubs are really fun to watch - and it was great being at Wrigley Field. The fans are fantastic & the energy is great there!!!!! We lucked out with a great game too - lots of offense (lots of homeruns, a "pickle-in-the-middle"...) - It was super exciting. I LOVED it!!!!!!
My 2nd favorite part of the weekend was our visit to Wheaton. We saw the house Nate grew up in...and then visited Nate's highschool. We were able to walk around the school, with Nate's friend who now teaches there - - it was so fun to see Nate's name on the "records" wall in the gym - for his 4x800 record (still unbroken....). Nate also still has his photo mounted in one of the hallways from his glory days!!! It made me very proud of my hubby! I think it's great he still has an unbeaten record there - especially at such an athletic school. Wheaton is a really cool town. I'd love to live there - lots of old, charming homes. I thought it was adorable.
Chicago is a great place!! I cant wait to go back!
Nate & I celebrated his birthday when we got home - we went to a great spot for dinner...and then headed over to the Edina Creamery (Nate's favorite!) for some delicious homemade icecream & hot fudge sundaes. It was a great way to celebrate Nate!!!!! He is an amazing husband & my best, best friend!
7 comments:
Cute pictures! I'm glad you had so much fun!
Sounds like a great trip! You guys are soo cute together in your Cubs gear!
what fun weekend! oh how I miss Chicago...
Looks like a great weekend! Did you get to ride the space ship?
hahahahaha, dad!!!!!!!!! :)
Cute pics! Love the little Cubs baby outfitt. Darling.
I know a secret... lol I love it!!!! The cubs attire is so freaking cute!!!! xoxo
Post a Comment