8.10.2009

weekend fun!

I have a wonderful husband!! I'm so happy I married such a kind, loving & thoughtful husband. I haven't been feeling very good lately, and on Monday night, Nate surprised me with a big bouquet of lilies & huge pink roses, and some amazing bubble bath from Origin's (my FAVORITE bath store!!!) and some Origin's candles!! It was great! I've had a bubble-bath every night since - it's been so great! He's so thoughtful & really looks out for me. I was so surprised & felt so loved.

Nate's also a fabulous best friend - we had such an enjoyable weekend together. On Saturday, we drove into Minneapolis to the farmer's market (**sidenote: I've wanted to go to the farmer's market ALL summer...and I talk about it all the time & we finally went...I was so excited!!). We spent a couple hours there, just walking around, taking it all in - it's such a cool atmosphere. I love all the people that go to the farmer's market - and the happy feeling I get by being there! We ate some delicious freshly grilled corn-on-the-cob (one of my summertime favorites!!!)...and we bought a bunch of fresh fruit & veggies (fresh tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, red & yellow bell peppers, onions, sweet corn, strawberries & peaches)...and some fresh flowers! I was in heaven!!! I just LOVE fresh fruits & veggies - and it's so fun to buy it all at the farmer's market - from people who work hard everyday to make a living by farming. I really respect farmers because they are such hard workers, and humble people. I can't wait to have my own gardern (hopefully next summer!!). It's so fun! I'm so excited to go back!

After the trip to the farmer's market, we drove into Uptown & spent the rest of the day at the Uptown Art Fair!! It was great, walking around & seeing all the artwork. While most of the art wasn't really my "style", it was a good way to spend a summer afternoon in Minneapolis - and we bought a really cool photograph of a little french cafe - with lots of blues & yellows. It's adorable! It's our first piece of art purchased together as a married couple!

We had a great day at church yesterday...and then enjoyed relaxing, watching golf together yesterday afternoon. Last night, Nate made a very, very delicious dinner - with most of the food from the farmer's market - he made a terrific angel-hair pasta - with fresh tomatoes, balsamic vinagrette, mushrooms, onions, and garlic (it was deeeeelicious!). He also made a great marinated pork tenderloin on the grill & some roasted veggies (yellow squash & zucchini, and peppers & onions), and some sweet corn! He's a great cook & I feel so spoiled when he cooks for me. We're hoping we can make this same meal for mom & dad...maybe next sunday...After dinner, we went on a nice evening walk on a really serene, wooded trail in Eden Prairie. It was a great way to end the weekend together!

We're excited to spend time with mom & dad next weekend - we're going to the PGA tourney with them, and are so excited!! I love summertime weekends with the people I love!!

7 comments:

Libby said...

oh that sounds like such a fabulous weekend...no homework/studying/tests/mcat - lovely lovely lovely. And yes, you have such a sweet hub, way to go Nate.

Minneapolis Farmers Market said...

So glad you enjoyed your visit. Come again!

EMILY said...

that does sound like a great weekend!! :) I wish I was there to enjoy Minneapolis with you! But I will be there in less than two weeks!!! Yay!

Chad, Melanie and Layla said...

Way to go Nate! I'm glad he is taking such great care of you!
You two do so many fun things, I'm glad you blog about them- it is inspiring!

NC said...

The best part of being married is spending 24/7 with your best friend!!!!.....plus I rarely have to do laundry : ) We had a great weekend, and any one in Minny should head to the farmers market....very fun!!

Heather said...

Great post lelers! Love the tomatoe picture.

Haha!! Nate you are married to a good woman. Leanna is so good at doing at laundry. She would wear something and same day wash it. She always had laundry going when we'd visit her. I wish my husband could say the same thing. It's kind of the other way around. I don't really have to do much laundry.

Ryan taught Tanner how to do is laundry last week. He's going on his mission soon. The boys always watch in fascination as he pulls our laundry bins up to the washer. They're like, "How do you do that?!" haha

Peter or Cindy said...

Nate, Once again, you're making the rest of us husbands look bad. Knock it off. Leanna's right, she's been talking about the farmers' market visit for weeks and weeks. Glad you were both able to make it there! Looking forward to shadowing Tiger at the PGA with you two! Dad M