We took Adelie to the zoo for the first time yesterday. Sadly, we picked the wrong zoo to visit. The Minnesota Zoo is lame!!!!!!!! There are 2 zoos in Minnesota: the Minnesota Zoo & the Como Zoo (which is between Minneapolis/St Paul). We picked the wrong one. The Como Zoo has WAY BETTER animals! The Minnesota Zoo is lame. lame. lame. No elephants. No giraffes. No zebras. No penguins. Aren't those standard at any zoo?? Nope. Not so. I was really excited yesterday when I saw a picture of puffins...I thought the exhibit we were seeing next was a puffin stop...nope...just a nice photograph. The Como Zoo has puffins. Next time (and probably from now on, unless they do some major renovations & animal additions at the Minnesota Zoo) we will be Como Zoo visitors. I love seeing giraffes and penguins and elephants...
Anyway, Adelie liked the aquariums. I think she liked seeing the fish swim by & all the colorful coral. Other than that, the zoo was disappointing. Next time will be better!
4 comments:
its so true! the MN zoo is terrible! You forgot to mention that the como zoo is free (or close to free--unless that has changed) and the MN zoo is pricey!
OH I KNOW!!! The MN Zoo cost us $37 (for 2 adults & a car)...and yes, the Como Zoo is free...they take donations. :)
Leanna...I wish I could just chat you anytime, like the old days. Adelie is ADORABLE!! She is a doll...and she is definitely your baby! :) It looks you're having a blast being a mom...and you look fantastic. Wish you guys weren't so far away!
So, how do you really feel about the MN zoo? Oh well, it was a chance to get some great pictures! Dad
Post a Comment