When I got pregnant with Adelie, I was always thinking of fun, girly things I could make for her. I loved making her mobile and her stuffed animal (giraffe) before she was born. I've since fallen in love with making playful onesies and cute barrettes for her & as gifts for others. I decided (after receiving lots of compliments on her hair barrettes whenever we're out & about...and people constantly asking where I buy them for her) I'm going to start selling them. I've been pretty shy about this endeavor, simply because it's a little intimidating showing people my crafty side & hoping they'll like it (a little). But I really love making these little cheerful projects, so I'm giving it a shot! I will open up a little shop once baby girl #2 arrives. My shop's name is going to be sprinklybaby! I'm still working on the logo, but I think it'll be a really great concept. I am super excited to get this going and am hoping I'll have at least a little success at it. If you know of anyone who wants to order any barrettes or baby gifts (onesies, stuffed animals, etc.), they can email me at sprinklybaby@gmail.com - I'm happy to do custom work and look forward to the projects ahead!
I felt so happy on Thursday afternoon when I officially sold my first barrettes to some friends & friends-of-friends! I sold 9 barrettes in one afternoon! The girls that bought them were so sweet. They absolutely loved them. It made me feel so good. I always think Adelie looks cute with hers, but I'm her mom, so I always think she's cute! It was so rewarding for me to see these girls so excited for their new barrettes. I know it's only a silly little barrette, but I really do try to make them cheerful and girly & to see the girls happy with them made me so happy!
My upcoming project is a stuffed animal for the baby girl that is soon to arrive (she is due in 2 weeks...can you believe it?!!). I ordered the fabric and am anxiously awaiting for it to arrive in the mail so I can get going on it!
Any suggestions on what I should make her? An elephant? A mouse? A hedgehog? I'm still not sure. I want to make something comparable to Adelie's giraffe (see in header photo at top of blog)...but I'm not sure yet what that will be! Any cute ideas? Here's the fabric I ordered:
And here are the latest barrettes I've made:
I can't wait to get my 'sprinklybaby!' shop going! Should be fun!!



5 comments:
I am going to look at your store- I have 2 nieces to shop for and I LOVE those barrettes!
These are so cute. I am sure there are lots of moms who would love to buy your cute stuff. Hedgehog? Oh, I think you might be able to earn a high profit margin on the onesies! And you can always subcontract with Emily--she's looking for work! Dad
I would do an elephant! Leanna you barettes are amazing, they would sell so well. Let's get you mom-prenuership going!!! luv ya Bethany
I think you should make her a girlie camel! With 2 humps of course, cause she is the second child! Ohhh and I will buy some of those clips also~
I am so excited about your shop Le! Wow love the new berets - seeing these makes me want to put them in Mr Finn's hair. His hair is always getting in his face, if Ryan wasn't such a manly man I probably would dress him sometime just for the fun of it.
My favorite beret is the white and yellow one with the two red flowers in the middle. You're so good at coordinating color combinations. I love that these are so one of a kind.
I love the hedgehog idea, I think you could make a pretty rad sea horse too! Make the tail all curly. I love our fox! Cutest stuffed animal evs! Your store is for sure going to be a success!
Post a Comment