I'm sure the photos seem a bit excessive in this post, but Adelie was so cute this morning, and I had to capture a couple pictures so I can remember this moment. I usually cut up her strawberries nicely, but today I decided to give them to her whole. It was pretty funny watching her sort her strawberries & pick off the stems. She is a smart girl. She loves to discover new things, and she loves figuring out how things work. I love it! It makes life a little trickier - just because she can now open up lots of things she couldn't before & once she gets her mind set on something, she does not give up until she does whatever it is she started. I'm always impressed with the things she picks up on...she's pretty silly. Very observant little girl.
Speaking of silly...she discovered a new "trick" about a week ago. I was feeding Kennedi on the couch and was very surprised (SHOCKED!) when I saw Adelie standing on the coffee table (which is behind our living room chair). She had a very, very, very silly smile (the "I-know-I'm-not-supposed-to-be-up-here-mommy-but-wait-till-you-see-my-new-fancy-trick" kind of smile). In about 1.4 seconds flat, Adelie stood up on the table & FLIPPED over the chair into the pillows...a complete somersault!!! It was HILARIOUS!!!!!! I died laughing. It was like she figured out she could climb up on the table (which she hadn't done previously), and in those few seconds, she decided she'd stand up tall on the table & flip right over the chair....honestly SO FUNNY!!!! I started laughing really hard, which only encouraged the behavior. For the next few minutes, she raced around the chair...climbed up on the coffee table...flipped over the chair...repeat. repeat. repeat. Finally I grabbed the camera & tried to capture it. It was difficult to get a good video & watch her at the same time. I was a little worried she'd flip right over onto the floor. I need to get a better video. It's really funny how excited she gets...and how quickly she does it. She gets on the table & pauses until I catch her eye..and then she goes for it! It's like she wants to make sure I see her daredevil skills. So funny. That girl cracks me up!!!!! She is so funny!
2 comments:
You're going to have a little engineer or investigator on your hands! You can just see the wheels moving in that cute little head of hers!
Love the second to last photo - very curious!
Post a Comment