6.05.2011

marshmallow

In honor of Kennedi's 1-month celebration, we spent most of the day outside in the sunshine. Today was even nicer than yesterday. Its been my favorite summer day yet!!! Adelie & I spent part of the day trying to save my flowers. I am happy to report, they are looking good! They just needed a little love & some pruning...and maybe a little (or a lot) of water. She was a good little helper (sort of!). She was pretty cute with the watering can. Nate thinks I'm awful at taking care of plants, but I'm determined to prove him wrong. Nate set up the "tent" for the girls, so little Kennedi could daydream in comfort! We played our first bocce game of the summer. We played to 12. I was up 6-2 and Nate went on a 10-1 run, and beat me 12-7!!!! I thought I had it. Maybe next time. We have a good yard for bocce. Again, Adelie showed off her helper-skills. She loved chasing after the bocce balls. Fun, fun.  

We are now sitting on the patio. It is a beautiful night. The smoky-joe is lit up and Nate is about to make us a wonderful dinner. Adelie is a wild woman tonight. Lots of sun for this little one!! She is snacking on a marshmallow right now...correction...what I meant to say is she has an entire marshmallow in her mouth right now & marshmallow drool running down her chin. *note: we do not normally keep marshmallows in the house...but we're planning on s'mores soon. Yikes! Fun night at the Cartwright home!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

SUCH cute pictures!! I loved this post. Adelie is so cute in her sun hat. Kennedi is so alert! I love them!

Leanna said...

They love you too! These are my favorite pictures of Kennedi so far. She was having fun in the tent!! That thing is sweet - no bugs- nice and shaded! :)

Nate wanted to go sleep in the tent last night...when Kennedi had been fussy for 2 hours straight! Haha!

Ryan said...

Lelers, love all the udpated photos of Kennedi! She has grown up so much in this last month, you can really see her features. Love the shots of the back yard, love your Tommy Bahama beach chairs - what a great set up enjoying some sun. Kennedi is so darling, and has her own cute, unique look. I can see Nate in her.

Ryan said...

HB is always posting under my name....but yes, I do love the updated photos!

Ryan