6.04.2011

summer days in excelsior!

Today has been one of the nicest summer days yet. Blue skies, lots of sun, and mid 80's. We left the house today not sure where we were headed, but knew we were spending the day outside. We ended up in Excelsior (of course!). Excelsior is just such a fun little spot. I love it there. We had a nice lunch at Maynard's on the wharf - sitting right by the lake! So fun. They had live music & the place was packed. We had a nice lunch & Adelie finally got to see some"ducks" (actually, they were geese...but no one told her differently). She was having fun pointing at them saying "duh, duh, duh" (her version of "duck"). Then we walked to Adele's for a little custard treat. My fave! While there, Adelie discovered a birdbath to splash her hands in...not the cleanest place to splash around, but she was having fun. I don't think it was super dirty - but we still cleaned her up nicely afterwords...still kinda funny though. I love Excelsior in the summertime. 
It's still beautiful out. I think we're having dinner on the deck tonight. Was hoping for a bonfire & s'mores, but we may call it an early night tonight. We were up all night last night with the girls (Adelie is teething!!)...so the bonfire may have to wait till tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Leanna, you look great! Of course the whole family looks great, but to think you gave birth a month ago is amazing!!! What a sweet day. Excelsior is so charming. I love that barrette - did Adelie’s hair get even lighter… is that possible? You have the best little models for your accessories and toys!

Leanna said...

Aww, thanks!! Not sure if Adelie's hair is getting lighter, but Kennedi's sure is. We should hit up Excelsior with you & the puppy this summer!!