Today was a special, special day! I've been wanting a meyer lemon tree for a long time now, and today was the day!!!!!!! We went to a local nursery to buy some marigolds to pot, because it was a super hot day today and I thought it'd be a fun activity with Adelie...we left the nursery with a lemon tree...(and marigolds!). So excited. We then went to another garden shop and bought some more really great marigolds (they're huge!!) and some more pots (I had the gardening itch!)...so we ran out of time & never potted the plants...but we will get our hands dirty on Friday! Cant wait! I'll post some pictures of the monumental event! If anyone has tips on keeping a meyer lemon tree alive, please send them my way. Nate thinks I kill every plant I touch...but the lady at the garden shop said she's had her lemon tree for 8 or 9 years now...and she gave me some good pointers, so hopefully that helps! The guy at the first nursery told me to 'google it' - ha! thanks for the guidance, buddy!! Actually, he was a super nice old man...but just a little silly.

5 comments:
That is so exciting! I am so happy about your guys' gardening adventures. We have had so much fun planting stuff, let me rephrase that, we've had an awesome time watching Ryan plant everything! He's got the green thumb, he's better in the garden and I am better in the kitchen.
I'm excited too! I totally thought of you when I bought the lemon tree....I really, really hope I can keep it alive! The lady at the gardening store said she gets really great lemons from hers. I hope I can!! I loved all your gardening pictures - you guys are the best! It's great that Ryan has such a knack for gardening - I'm really not good at all...but I'm giving it a shot! I have a LOT to learn...with gardening...baking...cooking....geesh!!!!
Love you!
This is awesome! How great would it be to just go and grab a lemon from your backyard. "Google it" - haha - always solid advice, I guess :)
Leanna! I'm so excited about your lemon tree! What an ideal day, buying flowers and the nursery with your cuties along - it's days like this that make me so excited to be a mom! Can't wait to see you guys.
What is this talk of me being good at gardening? I buy the flowers from the 75% off rack - the rejects. Some of our flowers we literally looted from the dumpster at Lowes. All I do is water and trim...and they grow! If they die, at least I gave them a shot.
We don't have anything nearly as exciting as a lemon tree, that is for sure. great idea! Just don't get root rot from over watering. That is my biggest problem. Excited to hear how the fruit tree progresses!
Post a Comment