I realize that this is a little goat-overload...but it was just so cute that I can't hold back the photos! Adelie LOVES the goats! I'm not sure where this stems from (I am terrified of goats!). She has no fear. I wanted to see how she would react to the goats, so I didn't say anything or direct her in any way. I simply said, "Adelie...Look! 2 goats!" and she was loving it. They were wandering free in the playground area of the apple orchard. They had collars on...and they were very nicely groomed. So I wasn't very concerned about these goats. They were friendly little guys. She was so sweet with them. She'd follow them around & laugh at them. Then she found a corn cob that someone must have been feeding the goats with - and she picked it up & started feeding the goats. Hilarious. My favorite part of the goat-playtime was that she was giving them HUGS!!!! (look closely at the last picture - I'm glad I captured it on film!) She gave the goats lots & lots of hugs. So sweet. She loves to hug, but I've never seen her hug an animal! I was a little worried that they were going to nip at her - luckily we were fine. She hugged them goodbye & we left without any problem....until....
We had walked about halfway through the orchard (a good distance away from the goats). We were on our way out and all of a sudden we heard the 2 goats coming up behind us (rapidly!!!) making this awful 'bah-bah-bah-bah' noise & coming up quickly behind us. They were chasing us out!!! It was like something set them off & all of a sudden ALL the goats in the orchard were making the same noise!!!! The 2 goats following us were harmless; they just followed us with a quick-step all the way to the entrance of the orchard (where one of the workers started laughing at us & said "you know they're following YOU!....we've NEVER seen that before!!!"). What?!! Why were they following us? And the noise!! The noise was terrifying!! I was so frightened. I had Kennedi in the baby bjorn & Adelie in the stroller & I was so worried the goats were going to go for one of them! Thank goodness, we survived the goat-chase. I really have no idea what they were thinking. Adelie did have some raisins in a little baggie that she was snacking on (but I highly doubt the goats could smell those little raisins from so far away)...I took them away from her right away & hid them when I saw the goats speedily approaching.
3 comments:
Wow, it is so obvious what your first pet needs to be. Thanks for posting the pictures!
Oh my goodness, you can just see her excitment in these pictures!! I love her red little nose from that crisp air! I'm so glad you survived your goat chase, who knows what they're capable of!!!
I had a good laugh about the goats following you - thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment