In the time it takes a 1 1/2 year old to eat a small bowl of popcorn...I whipped up some delicious banana bread!
I also made a yummy dinner last night (one of my favorite meals): angel hair pasta with carmelized onions & balsamic tomatoes paired with some roasted asparagas with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Yum! I made a huge portion - and it's already all gone. Adelie loved it. We ate it for dinner last night & lunch today. She just kept asking for more "nooo-els". Sure made me smile!! I love that little girl so much.
This afternoon, I thought I'd make some banana bread for a little treat. It took no time at all. I was shocked at how quick I made it. I think it probably took about 6 minutes from start to finish (cleanup & all!). I've made this recipe a few times before (thank you, Alice, for the recipe!) & I love it. So simple & delish!!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (melted)
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 medium bananas
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter & sugar. Add the eggs & vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the sour cream and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment