1.31.2012

the perfect ending.

The birthday festivities didn't end when I blew out my candles on Sunday night. Adelie, Kennedi, and I were lucky to have Nate home with us on Monday too! He took the day off so we could have an extra long weekend together - and we loved having him home! We spent the afternoon walking around Excelsior (our favorite!). We went to a yummy bakery, walked out on the docks, did a little window shopping, and stopped at the pet store & tried to convince Nate to buy Adelie a pet bunny (with no luck!). It was such a fun afternoon! As we were getting ready to leave Excelsior, I asked Nate to pop into a little bakery to grab Adelie some shortbread cookies for the drive home.  As I was sitting in the front seat of the car, waiting, holding Kennedi & chatting with Adelie, I saw my (trying-to-be) sneaky husband, running down the sidewalk....and into...the floral shop! It's the best floral shop in the area. They have the coolest flowers...and it's a darling shop.  It was hilarious seeing him running inside, trying to be sneaky!! He surprised me with one last birthday gift: an amaryllis flower/plant. It is awesome! So pretty (and the lady at the floral shop said it'll continue to bloom!). I love it.  When we got home, we bundled up the girls & headed outside for some lantern fun (second to Nate's surprise birthday-sleigh-ride in northern MN for my 28th birthday, these lanterns were the coolest surprise celebration!!!!).  We will never forget the floating lanterns. Funny story: Nate got the first lantern lit...it started floating...and it got higher, and higher, and higher, and then it landed right IN the huge tree in our backyard!!!! I was TERRIFIED! There we were...the 4 of us, just looking up at this beautifully lit (on fire!) yellow lantern, that was stuck in the tree! I thought the tree was going to light up in flames. It was so scary!!!!!!! Luckily, the flame inside the lantern eventually blew out....but, I was certain something terrible was about to happen. After that *minor* setback, we headed out to the big open (tree-less) field behind our backyard, and lit the rest (with much more success!). They were beautiful! It was so cool watching them float higher & higher away....they really stay lit for a long time. So cool. We loved it! Such a perfect ending to a wonderful weekend. I love my husband! Thank you, Nate, for making me feel special. Thank you for making me feel loved.
(check out Adelie's darling scarf! My grandma made it for her!! I just adore it.)
 

5 comments:

Leanna said...

I posted a ton of pictures (I know!) - but, if you want to see a couple more, here's the facebook album:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3224791821581.2158536.1320087002&type=1&l=82f36dc7dd

we took so many pictures this weekend, so it was tough just narrowing it down to 50 in the FB album. good memories!

Jenny said...

I'll have to check facebook for more, these are so sweet! I've got the biggest smile on my face paging through them. I'm so glad you had such a fun, extra long weekend together!

Peter and Cindy said...

Yes...lots of pictures, but that's great! So many nice smiles and activities! Fun to see Kennedi smiling so much--and, of course, Adelie is not shy about giving a good picture! Like the floating kite--need to see one of those. I am sure your 30s will be even richer than your 20s! Enjoy! Love, Dad

Emily said...

So fun! What great documentation. I am jealous of those lanterns, and the whole thing I guess...you're one lucky lady! Love you!

Leanna said...

Em- you guys should totally order some lanterns. They were awesome!!!!! Nate can give you the details. I think he ordered them through Amazon. That would be such a cool date for you & Clayton!