2.08.2012

it's about time!

 
It's time to tackle this sewing machine of mine! Nate gave me a lovely sewing machine for my birthday (last year!!) and it has yet to be used. It's about time I learn to use it! I just ordered this fabric & I'm planning my first project: a simple blanket for the girls. I have a good stash of fabrics that I love, but I knew I needed something fresh that I could really be excited about...so, it's ordered & on it's way! I have big dreams of sewing projects to come!

update: I spent yesterday afternoon learning to use it...it's awesome! I love it!

5 comments:

Heather said...

So fun! I love home made blankets, my Aunt has made blankets for each of the boys, and me and my siblings all have our own from when we were born. They get so soft after a few years. What a cool thing to learn! It's such a great talent.

PRINT said...

Good luck with the sewing machine.. I had a lot of trouble starting to use the one that I got.. I am still having trouble making myself go back to using it.. Keep in mind that every little thing can effect if it works or not.. example the thread going the wrong direction will seem small but is a HUGE deal... Good luck

Jenny said...

I want to learn too! We should go fabric shopping next time we're out! You always find the best patterns. This will be such a good skill to have, and I love being able to make things for people. Keep up the good work! :)

Leanna said...

Jenny!!! Yes! Let's do that for sure! I have so many ideas spinning in my head of things I want to make...and I'd love to shop fabrics with you! Maybe you & I could take a class together? I found a place near our house that offers hourly one-on-one classes - super reasonable & I think that would be really helpful! :) So far, I'm just practicing sewing straight lines - on scraps of fabric & paper towels (ha!). It's so fun though!!! Let's get together soon!! We miss our Jenny-time! Love ya.

Emily said...

Way to go. I never really tried to learn per se, I just would start projects and then not be happy with them.