6.26.2012

falling in love all over again.

My training for Twin Cities Marathon 2012 has officially begun! I am falling in love with running all over again!! I have absolutely loved my runs lately. I've always been a big fan of running with music - but I've been running without the ipod for the last 2 weeks, and it gives me a chance to really clear my head - to think about the girls...to have some peaceful "me" time. I love it. I've had some really great runs. We love our new home - and it's exciting finding new spots to run! So far, I'm just running a simple 2 mile loop - but it's great...slightly hilly, peaceful & beautiful!
My favorite moment of running last week was when I rounded the corner by our house, and there were Adelie and Nate waiting (Kennedi was asleep for the night). Adelie started running towards me...it made me so happy! I can only imagine how happy I'll be seeing her sweet face & Kennedi's sweet smile on marathon race-day! 

Oh! And I finally broke out my new Nike running shoes. Love them! They are so bright & they make me smile when I'm running. But, they're no joke. Super bright!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Ya! Lelers! I love your new shoes. I am excited for your race that will be so fun. I'm glad you guys love your area. Great picture!!

Peter and Cindy said...

Lookin FAST! Dad

Jenny said...

Leanna, this brings back so many great memories for me! Not because I am a runner by any means, but because you would always get geared up and run during college, I was amazed at your dedication! You still look just like you did then too! Way to go girl, you're the best!

Leanna said...

Jenny...you are the sweetest! I am constantly reminded why you are my best, best friend in the world. You make me smile all the time!!!!! Love you so much. This comment made my day! xo.

Peter and Cindy said...

Need training update! Or summer update! Got any pictures of that new abode?