There are days in life that seem so perfect. Today was amazing. I love days like today. It makes my heart so happy. I adore my girls so much. I am so in love with Nate.
We spent the morning picking strawberries at a darling strawberry patch up north near Stillwater - The Berry Patch (www.berrypatchmn.com). I think Adelie ate a pound of strawberries in the first 15 minutes we were there...I guess we should have paid an extra $2 for her snacking! The girls had a good time, but I'm sure I had the most fun. There's something so special about these memories as a parent, and I am sure these memories from today will be long lasting happy mom-memories for me.
After we filled two flats full of strawberries, the girls were ready to call it quits. So we headed to a darling town that I've wanted to visit for a long time - Marine on St Croix. It was perfect! It was a darling little place. It's my new favorite getaway town. So charming. We had lunch at a tasty small spot, and then had yummy yummy cones at the ice cream shop...and then shopped at a super cute shop for some charming new pieces for our home. Now we are home - ready to find some strawberry jam recipes, and watching the girls (especially Kennedi) loving the sprinkler!!
I am so thankful for special days like today that make me so grateful to be a mom to these beautiful girls, and married to my best friend who enjoys days like today just like me.














3 comments:
I love that they finished the day in the sprinkler - great shots! I hope you're doing a collage for the Christmas card there are some definite keepers here... I don't know how you would ever narrow it down or just chose 1. :)
I love the family picture at the top! St Croix sounds incredibly fun! The girls are looking older and older! I can't wait to see them. I hope your strawberry jam turns out well, you guys brought back quite the load. Ryan and I had so much fun picking berries with the boys, I know what you mean about days that are just a ton of fun. So glad the day was a success! I have loved getting caught up on the blog. Keep it up Lelers! Loving all the posts.
Whoops, that's me - Aunti HB :)
Post a Comment