9.28.2009

I love football in the fall!!

This weekend was one of my favorite weekends!!! I love the fall in Minnesota...I love the chill in the air & the crisp, sunny days. I love cuddling up and watching college football on Saturdays...and the Vikings (+Favre) on Sundays. Sometimes I wish I would've been a boy - so I could've played football (my dad & Nate think I'm crazy when I say that - but seriously, I just LOVE the game!!!).

We spent most of the weekend up at my parents' house - my mom was up at the lake taking care of Papa, so we spent the weekend with my dad. We relaxed all weekend! Saturday was so fun. We slept in - and then went to visit the house my parents are building - we had not been up there for a few weeks, so we were very excited to see the progress! It's beautiful. We love it. I can't believe how quickly they're building it - it's really coming along nicely. I can't wait till they move in! It's going to be a great home. Then we made a quick stop at the farmer's market & stocked up on some fresh food for dinner. We spent the rest of the day watching football & cooking...I made fresh, homemade salsa (it was delicious!!!!!!). For dinner, I braved a 'slow-cooked' meal - I know, it's easy...but I'd never used a CrockPot before...so I was a little nervous. It turned out great though. We had picked up some fresh potatoes, and carrots at the farmer's market....and I made a yummy slow-cooked meal. Nate was not excited about it at first - but he gave me an A+ after eating it...so I guess it turned out ok!

We were excited to see the Badgers beat Michigan State- (and Nate was happy to see the Buckeyes crush Illinois). After watching football all day, it was great to get out on the golf course Saturday night. Dad, Nate & I played 9 holes- not my best golfgame of the season - but, it was still really fun. It's a nice golfcourse - and it was a perfect night for golf with my favorite 2 guys!

Went to church with dad yesterday morning. Very nice. Then we headed to the Vikings game!! I was so, so excited! We got lucky with 1st row tickets - - it was so fun to be so close to everything! The metrodome is actually really fun for Vikings football games - it gets SO loud in there!! It's crazy exciting. If you missed the football game, I would highly, highly recommend watching the highlights. Here's a 4 minute clip definitely worth watching: YouTube: Favre Favre & the Vikings won the game with a last-second unreal touchdown pass. It was AMAZING!!!!!!!! The pass was incredible - the catch was unbelievable - the Metrodome exploded!!!!!!! It was an incredible feeling!!!! I love cheering for the Vikings - and I love seeing Favre succeed. He is so talented. Anyway, I could go on & on about how exciting it was - it was a great moment in Minnesota football!!!! We loved every second of it!

We're excited to go to the Badgers vs. Gophers game next Saturday with dad & Uncle Mike at the new Gophers stadium - I loooooooove football! I wish every weekend were as fun as this! Doesn't get much better!!

6 comments:

Chad, Melanie and Layla said...

What a fun weekend! You look great!!

Leanna said...

Thanks, Melanie!!! It was a fun time! Hope you're doing well. Miss you guys!

Heather said...

Great post Lelers! I'm starting to think maybe we should cross our fingers for a boy for you. I've been picturing you with this little baby girl dressed in all pink, with all pink paraphenalia. I don't think I realized how deep this love for football ran. You really do love this. Glad to hear you tried out the slow cooker. I'm completely converted. We eat 5 out of 7 meals out of a slow cooker. I tried my first casserole yesterday - Ryan liked it.. I'm not a casserole fan. I thought it was nast. I would love to see Minnesota in the fall. I've only seen it in the dead of summer and ead of winter. I bet fall is amazing!

Leanna said...

Heather - I'll have to get some recipes from you!! I seriously was so afraid of it! But, it turned out really great.

If we have a girl, I'm sure she'll be super girly (and hopefully she'll love sports too!)....if we have a boy, I hope he likes sports!! I just love it! :) Fall in MN is my favorite - by far - it's just so chilly and refreshing...love love love it! You'll have to come visit next fall! :) No traveling for you right now!!

Peter or Cindy said...

Thanks for the post, Leanna. Nice pictures. Dinner was great. Salsa was really good also. Glad you could come visit. The weather was perfect for golf and football (actually, a cold rain is better if you're in the Metrodome--you can then appreciate the indoor stadium).

Leanna said...

it did start raining right when we walked into the metrodome, actually!