3.02.2010

nursery!!!

Here's a little sneak peek into the baby-girl's nursery. We love it. It's such a happy, bright, cheerful room. We'll take more pictures once she arrives - but here are a few shots.

I spent all weekend on her mobile (seriously all weekend!!). It turned out really great. I love it. It's pretty adorable. I'm so happy I made it for her. These pictures aren't the greatest (neither is the video)...but the video gives you a better idea what it looks like. It's really the prettiest in the daytime - in the sunlight. The little crystals twinkle & rotate sparkling light all around the room. I sewed all the petals by hand - each has a piece of the fabric pattern sewn on...super cute! It took a long time to sew all the petals, but they turned out just as I envisioned them. Then I wrapped the rings in raw-edged material...and strung it all together & hung the petals & crystals...and finished it off with some little green fabric bows. The crystals added a lot of charm to the mobile. Hopefully she'll enjoy looking up at it. I have some fabric left...so I'm trying to think of something else I can make her...and suggestions? I might make a stuffed animal...maybe a cute little bird or something. It's been good to occupy my time with these fun, creative projects. I'm getting so excited for her birth. I get more & more excited each day, as it gets closer & closer. I can't wait to meet her & to be a mom!


7 comments:

Sarah said...

Leanna, the nursery looks beautiful! I am so impressed with your mobile making skills and you look fantastic.

Heather McClellan said...

Leanna, that is the cutest nursery and mobile ever!!! And I second Sarah, you look great - so beautiful! Your little girl will love looking up at the mobile and will love watching the light reflect!

Mark and Libby Miller said...

hey leanna congratulations, that's an impressive mobile! i can see why it took so long!
can't wait for the little lady to arrive!

Heather said...

Lelers! I love your nursery. SO CUTE! You're so good at making those. You have everything so organized. How sweet, she has her own little room. I love the blanket/rug on the wall, so cute. You are ready to have this baby. I am going to cross my fingers that you come early. There was this lady in one of my classes that has had 4 kids and she said that she wanted to have all of them one week early, so she picked a day and said I am visualizing have them come that day -and they all did! I tried it, along with castor oil and all my other remedies, no luck. But who knows! Maybe with some positive visualization she will come earls for you!

Chad, Melanie and Layla said...

Your nursery looks like it is straight out of a magazine and you look beautiful! I'm so excited to see photos of your little sweetie! You are going to be an amazing mom!!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness your nursery is adorable! and i love the little elephants, good luck making them!

EMILY said...

CUUUTE! I LOVE IT!