I was really hoping the little baby girl would arrive today. Sadly, it's now 5:00 and I don't think she'll be sharing a march 14th birthday with grandpa miller. positive thinking! positive thinking! (hence, the chalkboard message.) I actually am very happy right now, and feeling very positive about it all.
Highlight from this weekend: I made the baby girl's first toy: a hand sewn giraffe! So cute & fun!! It took me the entire afternoon/early evening yesterday (which was perfect, because we watched basketball all weekend long!!!!). It turned out really great. I love it. Such a cheerful little toy. It's now packed in the hospital bag for the little lady...hope she likes it! oh p.s. I repacked my hospital bag today - wishful thinking, I guess. my bag has been packed for so long now, that I thought if I repacked it with a purpose, the little lady would get the hint!! :)
Just got off the phone with Grandma & Grandpa Miller - I wish they were here with us to enjoy this time. They seem so excited for us. Grandpa told dad a funny story: Grandma & Grandpa went to the hospital for a checkup with one of their babies (my uncle Joe). The doctor told them that the baby would arrive within 3 hours...."and a month later Joe was born!!!!" hahahahaha!!!!!! Definitely made me laugh.
Today's been good so far. I woke up with a bad cold this morning (hadn't slept after 3 am) - had a really sore throat and stuffed up, and crying to Nate because I didn't want to be sick going into labor. I decided to stay home all morning & catch up on some rest...loaded up on vitamin C & mint tea...and I'm happy to say I'm starting to feel better now. Nate & I got outside for a wonderful walk together this afternoon. It's been the prettiest day of the year so far. It's about 55/60 degrees & sunny!!! We had a great time walking together (ok, confession: I even ran a little...not much, but I just wanted to feel alive!) I even beat Nate running (**note: he was running backwards & we were racing to a mailbox, and he slowed down at the end a little prematurely, thinking we had passed the finish line...so, I won!). It was fun racing him! It felt so good! ha.
Oh, I posted the picture above of the sign because it's my favorite of Nate's contributions to the nursery - I think it's absolutely adorable...and I can't wait till we can share lots of memories together as a family!
Anyway, that's today's update. I hope the little chickadee comes soon!
3 comments:
Your baby is going to have the cutest nursery ever....
I love the chalkboard message. Clayton was very impressed with how nice and neat it was.
The giraffe is so cute too...I guess our family is going to have to start a tradition of making homemade toys...
Finn gets a dinosaur and your baby gets a giraffe! :)
Let us know if anything gets going! :)
SO adorable! Everything...it just needs a little pink baby girl! I am so impressed by your creativity, the place is so so cute. Good luck, you will be amazing in labor, Leanna, I just know it!!!
I love the giraffe you made and I hope you will be able to keep yourself distracted while you wait for your little lady to arrive. I am sure she will be there any day now.
Post a Comment