I wrote out my plan for my final 2 weeks before the big 'City of Lakes 25K' 15.5 mile race. It's posted on the refrigerator!! I (of course) am way behind in my training, but am staying positive...and I'm super excited to race again. It's been a very, very long time since I have participated in a race. I know this will be a tough race, but I am really looking forward to the challenge. The race loops around Lake Calhoun & Lake Harriet twice. I love the Lake of the Isles/Calhoun/Lake Harriet area. Such a beautiful area in Minneapolis. We have great memories at Lake Harriet & Lake Calhoun. I walked around Lake Calhoun with Adelie the day before Kennedi was born. I remember how sappy I was walking around Calhoun, thinking about how everything was about to change for Adelie. Our life was blessed the next day with our darling little Kennedi. Lake Harriet of course has beautiful memories from our wedding. I still remember how cheerful I was having my dad walk me through the rose garden to meet my handsome husband - with all our wonderful friends & family there. So beautiful.
I had one of my favorite runs of all time last night. It was just a short 3-miler, but it was one of my strongest, most enjoyable runs to date. I loved running on the lush trail into the beautiful sunset. Gorgeous summer night!!! Great tunes on the ipod - beautiful surroundings - body felt strong - good energy!!! Great feeling! I hope I can have some more runs like this before race day. My body is still adjusting from having 2 babies - but runs like last night are amazing. I love a good run. Nothing beats it.
2 comments:
Lelers! You are going to have a great race, you are an incredible runner. What a great course, I think that's an awesome distance, takes a lot of commitment but won't kill you as I imagine a full marathon does. I love your training plan, I love pinning things up. I totally think it helps keep you on track for goals. I love the pictures on top. I totally agree, nothing beats a good run! Especially when you are emotionally fried!
thanks, Heather!!! you are such a great support. I think it'll be a really great race. I'm sure it'll be tough - but hopefully a really great experience!! so far, the pinning up of the training plan has proven to help a lot! I do so much better when I write things out...and yes! most of my runs are at the end of the day...when I need it the most! :) Nate has been wonderful at taking care of the girlies while I get a little "me-time". love it!
Post a Comment