So the great thing about picking apples at the apple orchard is that we now have $22 worth of apples to bake with! Yay! I plan on baking a classic apple pie later this week. But I first wanted to try something new & yummy! I was super excited to try this recipe. It did not disappoint! I love this recipe. I wanted to make something special for Nate. He loves apple pie, and danishes, and cheesecake - so I figured this would be a treat (the deliciousness of sweet cinnamon-sugary apples, sweet cream cheese, and a flaky powder-sugar-topped danish!). I have a feeling this recipe will be a Cartwright favorite for a long time! You will love this! It would be delicious for a Sunday brunch or a sweet autumn snack. I made a couple changes to the recipe: I used Haralson apples. I didn't use ricotta cheese or lemon zest. Also, I made mine into mini little 'cake-like' danishes instead of doing one large danish. It's messy when you make the danishes (and when you bake them!), but it's nice to have individual cakes. I think next time I'll try just making one large danish & slicing it. I actually made the first batch last night & had tons of the apple mix left over (and it was way too yummy to waste!), so I made another round this afternoon. This recipe makes a ton! Oh, and my secret to making an excellent, delicious batch of apple-cheese danishes is to find a darling little kitchen helper to help you bake! Nothing better!
4 comments:
These things are AWESOME... you can always send more to work with your man if you need someone to eat them up for you :D
Leanna you have to share this with me, it sounds so delicious! I'm glad to see you have a great little helper in the kitchen!
Mmmmmm those apples look good!
Lelers, those danishes look unreals! I love the latest photos of Kennedi. That bow in her hair looks so cute. Your girls have such big eyes. I am so excited to see them at Christmas.
Post a Comment