1.31.2012

3-0!!!

The big 3-0!! I can't say I was super excited to turn 30 (at all!!), but Nate planned a special weekend for me, and made it a fun celebration. Goodbye twenties...hello, 30! I spent a lot of time over the weekend thinking of all the amazing memories I've had over the last 10 years. My twenties were full of special moments: I graduated college from the U of MN. I crossed the finish line of 5 marathons (amazing experiences! I can still remember vividly my first marathon with my dad in San Diego - so incredible. And I still can remember exactly how it felt at the Big Sur Marathon, standing in a forest of redwoods at the start line, about to start my 5th marathon...running along the Pacific Coast Highway, all along the coast....incredible memories!!! Those are moments I will never forget). I fell in love with Nate...and then fell in love with him again for real!!! He proposed to me courtside at a Timberwolves basketball game...awesome! And I married my best friend. We honeymooned...and then found out a couple weeks (yes, weeks!!) later that we were pregnant with Adelie!! Adelie was born (the most amazing moment of my life). And a few months later, I was pregnant again! The moment Kennedi was born, I knew she was going to bring such sweetness to our family. I loved my twenties. It led me to my happiest moments of life: marrying Nate & having Adelie & Kennedi. I never expected my life to be full of so much happiness. The three of them make me happier than I ever knew I could be.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

So sweet! Just think of all the special moments to come! Hope you had a great birthday, let's get together soon! XOXO :)

NC said...

For anyone reading this Leanna has been in love with me since 2003......she will just never admit it.

Heather said...

Such a great post!! Your 20's really were amazing, all the things you accomplished Lelers! I agree with Jenny you make it happen and your 30's are going to be filled with amazing things to. Just saw on FB that shop in NY bought a bunch of your valentine garland to decorate their store with! Lelers, you are so legit! We will be seeing amazing things from you, I have no doubt! You are such a hard worker and it inspires me! I remember visiting you up at the Bird and you were busting your butt waking up so earls. They couldn't bear parting with you. Those girls are lucky to have such a fantastic fun mom!

Leanna said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment, Heather!! I sure love being their mom. Couldn't be happier. Nothing beats motherhood. Love it!