2.21.2012

valentine's day.

Valentine's Day was not great. It was horrible. The girls & I were excited to surprise Nate at his office with some takeout for lunch from our favorite restaurant & a big bunch of heart balloons (I had it all set & was super excited - I had it worked out with one of Nate's coworkers to let us in..and make sure Nate didn't leave the office...I was so excited to see Nate surprised to see Adelie walk up to his desk with balloons!!) but then....Adelie got the flu. It was a rough week for us. She got the flu on Monday night. And then I got the flu on Valentine's Day. I haven't been that sick in a long time. The holiday wasn't a complete bust though. Adelie painted some sweet hearts for Nate. And Nate surprised us by coming home early on Valentine's Day - with all sorts of goodies. It was so cute. He walked up to the house with a big bouquet of flowers for me, takeout from our favorite spot, cupcakes & two big purple packages (from one of our favorite shops): one for Kennedi & one for Adelie. Kennedi got an adorable new stuffed animal puppy dog. So cute. And Adelie got "boppy" (as she calls it...or "rowdy Rody" as Nate calls it).  It's awesome! We're lucky girls to have Nate. He's the best! 

5 comments:

EMILY said...

Ha, I love rowdy Rody. It makes more sense now that I see it.

The hearts are SO adorable. I love them. And all of the pictures of the girls are just as precious as always.

Heather said...

Wow! So many great posts, I am so happy to have the internet back. I have missed being able to look at your blog. You are amazing Lelers, look at Adelie painting those hearts! Then you hang them to dry, wow! We barely even let Finn color with markers, only crayons. Little A gets to PAINT! I am so impressed, I think little A is going to be quite artistic from a young age. Ryan and I were talking last night about how much we love the girls names. Kennedi... I don't know who came up with that but it fits so well!

Jenny said...

I love blog updates! I'm so glad you had a good Valentine's day and Nate was able to surprise you and the girls. That is so sweet! You should really teach an art class for toddlers though community ed or something, I've worked at numerous daycares/schools and they NEVER come close to making the cute stuff you do!

Peter and Cindy said...

It's great that you can plan for special events--even though the flu bug got in the way. You've got a great family! Love, dad

Ryan said...

Quite the artist! Love all these photos-